Friday 19 April 2013

The Host

So a few weeks ago I went with a friend to go and see 'The Host'. Now both of us are huge fans of the book and therefore had really high expectations. And I don't think either of us were disappointed.

The book by Stephanie Meyer is really something incredible. For those who do compare this book to twilight really shouldn't because they are nothing alike. 

The film directed by one of my favourite directors Andrew Niccol, really did stay as true to the book as possible. The film is filled with action, romance, adventure and all the things that really make a film great. If you are a guy then there are plenty of car/helicopter chases and guns as well as combat. 

I think that the cast were very well selected. Obviously Saoirse Ronan was fantastic as her two characters Melanie and Wanda. The way she pulled off both really was impressive as it can't be an easy job at all. Then of course there was Max Irons as Jared and Jake Abel as Ian. Both were exactly how I imagined them through the books. The chemistry between these three actors was really interesting and well performed.

Other actors that to me stood out were William Hurt as Jeb, Diane Kruger as the seeker and Chandler Canterbury as Jamie. These are characters which all play a key role within the story and therefore needed to be cast well. I think that they all were.

Without saying too much, I loved the ending and I think it leaves the film open to future films. I has been said that Meyer will be writing another two books so fingers crossed for the films too. 

So anyway, go see this. I really do recommend it. The film should not be based on twilight because it is so different. For those who enjoy sci fi and action, you really can't go wrong with this!!!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!