Saturday 20 April 2013

Rock of Ages

Cheesy cheesy cheesy,

Is it any surprise really that a film adaptation of a hit musical would be cheesy? No I think not. However despite the cheesiness of this film, I really really liked it.

With a cast like this it hard for the film to be bad. Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin and Catherine Zeta Jones all form a huge part of the comedy within this film. Tom Cruise particularly impressed me with his role as Stacee Jax, the type of role I've never seen him perform so that for me was brilliant.

Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand were a brilliant comic duo too. One of my favourite roles had to Catherine Zeta Jones who plays a religious character leading a group of women who rebel against rock and roll.

The songs within the film are really cathy and I have to say I was rather surprised by the casts voices. Classic 80s songs such as 'Every rose has its thorn' and 'We built this city' have you wanted to dance and sing along.

The lead roles played by Julianna Hough and Diego Boneta acted as the romance/ love story aspect of the film.

If you're not a fan of musicals I don't think this is the film for you, but I loved it and it will certainly make you laugh.




☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!