Tuesday 23 July 2013

Now you see me

Incredible! This film was everything I hoped it would be! Cinema magic...

The opening,which I daren't spoil is awesome, how this trick is done I will never know (If you know don't tell me!). I felt that the opening to the film was really strong and immediately pulled the audience in. I loved seeing how the four horsemen came to be and experiencing a little bit of their individual street magic beforehand.

The four horsemen are played by Jesse Eisenberg (J.Daniel Atlas), Isla Fisher (Henley Reeves), Dave Franco (Jack Wilder) and Woody Harrelson (Merritt McKinney). Together they were so entertaining as the collection of rebellious magicians. I think Woody Harrelson in particular was my favourite as the mentalist who can read people and hypnotise audiences.

I think this film is definitely one to watch in the cinema. The spectacle of the film is awesome, particularly with the magic performed on stage.  On a larger screen and surround sound, it is easy to become submerged in the magic of the film and feel like a real audience watching the horsemen live on stage.

Additionally I felt that the rest of the cast: Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo and Melanie Laurent, were brilliant. I felt myself consistently entertained by the contrast of the intelligence of the magicians and of the FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Ruffalo).

The twists of the film are kept well hidden and therefore come as a surprise at the end. I have to say am surprised by the mixed reception the film has had, but I personally loved the film. It was clever and entertaining and who doesn't love a bit of magic. The casting for this film was perfect and I really loved the cinematography and how well the camera was used as a device to mirror our eyes and how we view magic as an audience.

I really recommend this and definitely think that the cinema is the best place to view it if you are considering it.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  ☆  

2 comments:

  1. If you are arranging a corporate event and are looking for an excellent source of entertainment for your event, then hire a Best mentalist magician DC. A fun mentalist is a person who incorporates magic tricks along with some charm and humor as well. They make the events full of fun and are an excellent source of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Virtual Magician proves to be quite entertaining if you are stuck at home and cannot go outside to watch any live magic shows. It is just like a live show but the only difference is that it is just a screen away. Hire Andy Peters for the best virtual magic show ever.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!