Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Wolverine

Wolverine at his best...

The Wolverine is a film about perhaps one of the best mutants there are, the Wolverine. Hugh Jackman returns to the role and once again shows us why we all idolise the character so much.

For those who haven't seen the previous X Men films, it isn't vital that you do. The film can stand alone for the most parts, bar the scenes with Jean Grey. I do however want to make this crucial announcement that there is a scene shortly after the credits! Many people had left the theatre before this which is a huge shame because there is actually a huge surprise/ reveal which acts as a little homage to next years 'X Men: Days of future past'. Please do watch this! You will regret it you don't. I was so close to leaving before realising there was another scene.

So anyway, 'The Wolverine' has really taken a branch off from the X Men and has really focused down on Logan and how he is coping after the incidents of X Men the Last Stand. 

I admit to actually viewing the film in 3D which was actually quite impressive to my surprise due to the beautiful locations where the film was shot. The majority of the film which is set in Japan, consists of numerous locations from urban cities, to remote sea side locations and laboratories. The film was definitely worth seeing 3D and it was clear from the camera angles and shots that the film was created with this in mind. 

The new cast consisting of Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Svetlana khodchenkova, I felt were really strong and definitely kept the audience engaged in all the action. 

Once again the famous claws of Wolverine featured in most of the fight sequences and action scenes, the best of which I felt took place on the train.  Hugh Jackman I also felt delivered a very emotional performance showing us the more vulnerable and human side of the Wolverine. 

I loved the opening sequence and felt that the plot was fairly intriguing, although may have become slightly complex towards the end. On the whole I really enjoyed the film, however I do think I enjoy when the mutants are together within the X Men films.

Which leads me to next years film. I generally can't wait, especially after watching the comic con appearances from the huge cast, including the younger generation (James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender) with the older generation (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman) etc. I have a good feeling about the film and look forward to seeing a film consisting of such good diverse actors!


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  ☆ ☆ 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!