Tuesday 23 July 2013

Hotel Transylvania

Such an entertaining animation...

I was really pleasantly surprised by how funny this film is. I've always been a fan of Adam Sandler and I really loved his version of Count Dracula in this film. I often found myself forgetting that it was him actually voicing the role as I become so absorbed by the character. 

I loved the interesting twist of humans being made out to look like the dangerous and threatening ones  rather than the traditional story of humans being victimised by monsters. 
Hotel Transylvania is filled with your typical monsters: Frankenstein, mummies, vampires, werewolves, etc. I found that the cast did a really good of bringing these characters to life and making them funny for children. 

Selena Gomez was also good as the voice to Count Dracula's 118 year old daughter Mavis. Furthermore the adult humour references make the film also appealing to older audiences.

The music was quite unusual for the genre and yet I found it quite catchy.

Overall I think this is a cute enjoyable film and helps to portray monsters as less scary to children and more entertaining.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!