Thursday 24 January 2013

The Descendants


A few weeks ago, I decided to watch the Oscar award winning  film 'The Descendants' starring, George Clooney.

I had intended to see the film earlier on last year, due to the huge hype about it. I never had the chance until now, and having finally seen it, I can't particularly say I'm that bothered about seeing it this late.

Apart from being a rather depressing plot, 'The Descendants' just didn't manage to keep me intrigued throughout. I'm usually a fan of George Clooney's films, but I sort of found this kinda dull.

I don't deny that in places the film is really touching, because it is. For those who don't know, the plot follows   a man whose wife was involved in a boating accident and has been put into a coma. He also has to deal with his two difficult daughters who are acting out and making life that bit more difficult. He then discovers that his wife was having an affair and spend the entirety of the film trying to find this man and learn more about him.

In all honesty and thought that his obsession with finding this man became a little too much and he really needed to focus a lot more on his daughters. I also would've liked to know more about his wife and their relationship I think, to build more sympathy for Matt King (Clooney).

Having said all this, I was particularly impressed with Shailene Woodley's performance, who played Matt's eldest daughter. I found her very convincing and was far more interested in her story than any of the other characters.

I can see why the film did spark interest in some aspects, however it wasn't something I particularly want to watch again.


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!