Saturday 5 January 2013

The Dark Knight Trilogy

'It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me'

So I don't know about you guys, but without a shadow of a doubt, the Dark Knight trilogy is my absolute favourite series of films ever! The films have the best director, best actors, music, cars,action, gadgets, plot etc I could go on forever.

In my opinion Nolan wiped out every other Batman film there has ever been and has built a trilogy of films that will never be forgotten. Of course we will all remember one of them in particular 'The Dark Knight', for the outstanding portrayal of the Joker by the incredible Heath Ledger. That character will forever be remembered and loved, in fact I have a massive poster of the Joker with his card in my room which is pure awesome.

So of course, aside from Heath, we have the brilliant Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, Michale Caine, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Anne Hathaway... I might as well name the whole cast.

What is so special about these Batman films which really sets them apart, is the fact that we see more of Bruce Wayne and his past than we do in any of the original Batman films. We get to see where the Batman comes from and who he really is underneath. Christopher Nolan is fantastic at creating conflicting identities which characters struggle with and in these films we see the grief of Bruce Wayne and his fight for justice in the jaw dropping urban city Gotham.

The final film 'The Dark Knight Rises' with its surprising end twist is a continuation of that excitement and awe that we have with the first two films. And giving credit to where it is due, Tom Hardy was very impressive as his character Bane, the first villain who has the physical ability to 'break the bat'.

Honestly I am obsessed with these three films and could watch them over and over again. 

Let me know what you all think of the trilogy.



              ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 



1 comment:

  1. Hans Zimmer's music adds to the experience - creates the right mixture of menacing and excitement, which only serves to enhance the brilliance that is Nolan's Batman :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!