Thursday 24 January 2013

Big trouble in little china

Very very odd.

My dad convinced me to watch this film, claiming that it was really good and was worth watching. I don't deny that I wasn't entertained, but I did find the film so very strange.

So the film is set in America in Chinatown and is set around Jack Burton (Kurt Russel), an American truck driver. Here, it seems that there are two Chinese groups/gangs that fight one another and are ultimately good vs evil. The one gang known as the Wing Kong consist of three leaders who hold supernatural powers enabling them to fly and zap people I suppose.

Anyway the main leader, Lo Plan seems to want women with green eyes who he can marry and sacrifice so that he can be restored to his all powerful previous self. He somehow manages to find and capture two at once. It is then up to Jack Burton and Wang Chi to save the girls, on of whom is Wang Chi's fiance who was abducted when he went to meet her at the airport.

So that is a very basic outline of the film, it's not the best description because quite frankly the film was weird and sort of hard to follow. But anyway it was good fun to watch and definitely kept me entertained.


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!