Saturday 22 June 2013

Dark Shadows

Quite odd...

I have to say I wasn't particularly blown away by the film, despite the fantastic cast with Johnny Depp in the lead role. I'm not entirely sure what I expected but I felt that there was a lack of something. Although there were some humorous aspects mainly from Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, but I felt that as the film went on the plot became weaker.

It is quite cheesy in many ways, throwing in ghosts, vampires and all the stereotypical horror characters. I did find myself laughing once Barnabas Collins arrived into 1972 and being completely confused and surprised by modern society. I did also think Eva Green was entertaining as the villain Angelique.

I suppose typically of Tim Burton you had the usual gore and strange eccentric characters, but I just hoped for something more in regards to the plot. I didn't really feel attached to the character Barnabas and was actually far more interested in Victoria Winters (Bella Heathcote) as a character, due to her story. I think this character could have been developed even more and perhaps worked more on the ending which to me seemed unfinished.



☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆  ☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave thoughts and your own opinions!